New Directions Virtual Career Portal
Enrich yourself with the New Directions Virtual Career Portal. Our online career development curriculum will expand your professional skills and provide you with a network of career and support resources.
These one-hour courses are designed to stand alone but when taken together, especially as a series, they can have an even greater impact on your journey. Each course is currently offered at no-cost to you, thanks to the generous support of our donors.
We hope you will explore the topics below and register for the courses that are right for you. For more information or help with getting registered, please call us at 614-849-0028 or email us at NDCC@newdirectionscc.org.
Boost Your Job Seeking Strategies
- Show Your LinkedIn Some Love – LinkedIn and an Elevator Speech
- Grow Your Network – Using Video Conferencing and Social Media
- Land Your Next Job – The Do’s and Don’ts of Interviewing
Improve Your Communication
- Share Your Secret Sauce – Communicate Your Strengths and Skills
- Talk Like a Pro – How to Communicate More Assertively
- Be a Better Listener – At Work and at Home
Connect with the World of Work
- Discover How Online Assessments Improve Your Job Search
- Meet a Panel of Employers and Recruiters
- Refine Your Resume
Settle into Self-Compassion Fridays
- Be Your Own Cheerleader – Self-Compassion and Why You Need it
- Know Your Body’s Signals
- Master Your Mind – The Power of Self-Talk