What is Women’s Advocacy?
If you’re ready to lend your voice to growing the quality and capacities of nonprofit organizations so they can best serve the Central Ohio community, this opportunity is just for YOU!
New Directions’ Women’s Advocacy is nonprofit volunteer leadership and nonprofit board training for women ready to cultivate their leadership potential and provide advocacy for social issues that fulfill their passion and purpose.
You’ll learn how to:
- Identify and define your leadership style
- Develop skills like strategic planning and effective communication
- Understand protocol and responsibilities integral to serving on local nonprofit boards
- Broaden understanding of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Build cultural competencies that support advocacy and service
When Does Women’s Advocacy Start?
Duration: September 7 – December 14
Day/Time: Every other Wednesday, 6-8PM
Location: This is a hybrid offering!
- Virtual via Zoom
- Four in-person classes at New Directions Career Center
Application/Participation Fees: No Cost. Yes, it’s FREE! All we need is your commitment.
How Do I Apply?
Click HERE. This will take you directly to the application and the next step to your participation in the program.
Application Deadline: August 12 by 5PM
Applicants are required to complete a 1:1 orientation. Upon receipt of your application, you will be notified by a New Directions’ staff member to schedule an appointment for your virtual orientation via Zoom.
Applicants will receive program acceptance notification by email on Friday, August 26.
Don’t miss your chance to be a part of this supportive and inclusive learning community!
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact us at 614-849-0028 OR NDCC@newdirectionscc.org.